STICK Conference 2018
The 2018 conference was held at the Scottish Maritime Museum, Irvine on Friday 26th October on the subject of ‘Old Heritage, New Uses’.
- Matthew Bellhouse Moran (Assistant Curator, Scottish Maritime Museum) – Location, Location, Location: Re-use of the Linthouse Building
- Jim Mitchell (Industrial Heritage Consulting) – “Maid to sail” bringing a 65 year old paddle steamer back to life
- Anita Quye Senior Lecturer (Conservation Science) Centre for Textile Conservation and Technical Art History – Materialising new thinking about modern material artefacts, their technical context and ageing
- Mark Watson (Historic Environment Scotland) – The best is yet to come: re-use of textile mills
- Jon Tyler (Chairman of the Ferryhill Railway Heritage Trust, Aberdeen) Restoring the Ferryhill Turntable and Engine Shed