Who are we?
Established in 2006 and launched in October 2007, STICK is an independent network with members throughout Scotland from private individuals to local authorities, universities, voluntary, national and independent museums. Our membership is open to anyone with an interest in Scottish industrial and transport heritage.
What are we about?
We believe transport and industry collections provide a vital insight into Scotland’s social, industrial and economic history. We aim to promote the care and enjoyment of these collections. Through research, stewardship and advocacy, STICK will encourage wider engagement with transport and industrial collections across Scotland.
Why should you join?
- A chance to develop opportunities to advance acquisition, care, development, research and interpretation of transport and industry collections in Scotland
- To tackle key issues facing stewardship and development of Scottish transport and industrial collections
- To promote, encourage and advance access to Scottish transport and industry collections To support informed, efficient and confident decision making in the acquisition and long-term care of transport and industrial heritage across Scotland
- Opportunities to network and learn more about Scotland’s diverse transport and industrial collections
- Access to STICK’s discussion forum, directory of expertise and information on collections
Register your interest
Membership is free but on return of this form new members will be asked to complete a questionnaire listing their collections areas/areas of expertise. This is for STICK’s collections directory.
If you don’t want to fill in the form below, you can also download the form in Word format. Completed forms should be sent to Louisa Attaheri at the address above.
Notification under the 1998 Data Protection Act: Information supplied to STICK will only be used by STICK and may be retained for up to 24 months after the individual or institution ceases to be a member.